ListCleaning tool is a result of a handshake between the world’s two most popular technology AI and ML.
Most of our algorithms are powered by AI, to ensure the logic is evolving every day to give you better results.
Here’s a simplified dump of how ListCleaning tool tests the validity of an email address, in real time:
- Syntax checking: Determines if the email address follows the correct syntax and has the physical properties of an email address.
Any email address which is not following which are not formatted as per internet email format standards will get caught by the ListClean algorithms. Few examples of such bad email addresses are:
– More than one ‘@’ sign
– Username is longer than 64 characters. Few popular vendor wise check (eg: [email protected] is not valid address because Gmail requires the part before domain should be at least of 6 characters)
– Total email length exceeding 255 characters
– Email address should not start from numbers
– User has entered ‘@gmail’ or ‘@yahoo’ instead of ‘@gmail.com’ or ‘@yahoo.com’ *
– Is the suffix a recognized email format, such as .com, .org, .net, .edu or .gov, etc?
– Extra space somewhere in the email address
– Addresses that include certain special characters. We do not just validate an email address, but we sometimes do correct it too [Optional feature: currently under beta]. Like for some of the popular domains we do corrections like gmal.com to gmail.com.
Duplicate email removals (considering of removing of dots & labels in gmail.com. Eg [email protected] and [email protected] are same. eg 2: [email protected] is same as [email protected])
- Checks the MX records: We verify the validity of the mail exchange server (MX records) for the email address. This will help you to pre-identify the email addresses which are likely to receive hard bounce because of no or invalid MX records.
- Ping and check: Connects directly to the email server to authenticate if the email address exists on the server. Instead of a simple ping, ListCleaning uses custom integrations which are built in partnership with all global ISPs to communicate with different mail servers via the P2P method. This method return results with almost 98% accuracy.